Thursday, June 28, 2012

Creative Organization - New Uses for Old Stuff

As we were preparing for our latest move, I combed the house for any kind of storage or organization piece that I might be able to use for something. Our new apartment is much smaller than our last one so I knew we'd need to make good use of every bit of space. Fortunately I was able to find a lot of fun solutions without spending a penny, just by giving some old items a new purpose in life.

Shoe holder turned laundry room organizer - perfect for storing dryer sheets, lint rollers, laundry bags, and stain treatment

Desk organizer for paper (that I've had since high school when we had a lot more paper and a lot fewer laptops) turned kitchen organizer for cutting boards, baking sheets, and my doughnut pan

Candle holder turned nail polish holder. My son gets credit for this one. He dumped out the little tealight candles and filled it with bottles of nail polish himself one day (the expert in fitting small things into small places)

Photo clip for recipe cards.

CD binder for DVDs (3D glasses fit perfectly in the pockets in the front)
I hate throwing things away, so I'm always thrilled when I can find a new use for something that's been laying around taking up space for awhile. Most anything that's capable of holding or storing something else can be re-purposed. Keep your eyes out for perfectly-sized spaces and you'll be surprised what you might come up with.

For more fun organization solutions, follow my Organization board on Pinterest. If you have some creative solutions of your own, I'd love to hear them! Feel free to leave a note in the comments below, and happy organizing!


Rediscovering Domesticity Blog Button


 

1 comment:

  1. What great ideas! I use a shoe organizer for hats, gloves and scarves in our front coat closet. Thanks for linking up to Thrive @ Home Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Only respectful and kind commenting, please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...